Friday, January 29, 2010

Breathing difficulty

I am actually a CIDP patient, not GBS.....but am stuggling to get the proper care and treatment for breathing issues I believe to be related to my CIDP. As the rest of my body has continued to weaken, as has my ability to breathe on my own. Many docs don't believe there to be a link between CIDP and breathing issues, only GBS and breathing issues. I am at a complete loss here. Have been in and out of ER 6-7 times, spent two days in the hospital, and have been to a pulmonologist who can't figure it out either.
I am sorry to hear that doctors believe that there is not a link between cidp and breathing. CIDP is a form of GBS. They will admit that. Sometimes there is not a real strong line between the two. When my daughter had what they thought was GBS, she had trouble swallowing liquids and had to be put on thickened liquids as it had gotten that far up. Sounds like GBS doesn't it? Guess what she is cidp now. She completely had to learn to swallow again, sit up, crawl and eventually walk again. Sounds like GBS and not cidp. There is a very fine line sometimes!!!!!!! Read the recent post by Julie Ann's mom for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment